Conditioned Air Company of Naples, LLC (\"CAC\") has been in business for over 52 years and serves the SW Florida regions of Sarasota, Fort Myers and Naples. CAC was recently recognized as the 2013 \"Best Contractor to Work For\" in the Southeast United States by The NEWS and Gulfshore Magazine's 2013 \"Best in Business\". CAC also is a past recipient of the Economic Development Council of Collier County's \"Excellence in Industry\" and recognized as \"Residential Contractor of the Year\" by Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA).
Due to our tremendous success, we are expanding our staff (+300 employees) and HVACR services in our Naples, Fort Myers & Sarasota offices. We are seeking only high achievers who desire to be the best in their field and who want to provide outstanding customer service. We can offer you a career path with continued education and opportunities for career advancement.
Job Summary: Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of all residential HVAC systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, electrical schematics, pneumatic and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding / brazing and mechanical layouts.
Hours: Shift hours to be determined. Overtime is common during the high seasons. Participation in the emergency service rotation is required and be the primary on-call technician.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The following tasks/responsibilities are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Always use a Safety First (Pause) approach to all work.
2. Always use the proper safety clothing, tools and precautions before beginning any work assignments.
3. Must be able to Perform well on Tune-Up and Professional Cleanings on all residential and light commercial heating and cooling systems including two stage, inverted equipment, wifi-stats, wine coolers, dehumidifiers etc.. Be able to perform Maintenance Check List.
4. Be knowledgeable of products and services that solve our customer's specific comfort needs.
5. Provide a positive attitude at all times.
6. Always treat all customers and coworkers with dignity and respect.
7. Arrive on time and ready to begin work every day.
8. Be neatly groomed and fully dressed only in a clean company approved uniform.
9. Possess all the required tools to perform the job of a Maintenance II and Residential Technician II.
10. Complete each and every tune-up and service call thoroughly, efficiently and without need for a callback.
11. Discuss all repair/replace options available with the customer before performing repair.
12. Utilize the Internet based technical training offered by the company and complete HVAC classes for advancement.
13. Develop diagnostic skills as well as apply repair and servicing techniques through troubleshooting.
14. Develop diagnostic skills as well as apply repair skills needed to advance to a Commercial I Technician.
15. Own or work towards owning all of the necessary hand tools for typical service of all air conditioning systems and components.
16. Complete all warranty paperwork and service related forms accurately (attention to detail).
17. Be the main on call Technician
18. Diagnose communicating and non-communicating multi stage heating and cooling systems including mini-splits, wine coolers, zoning systems and pool heaters to determine the cause of failure and repair systems as needed or set up a replacement lead.
Relationship to Others
The Residential Technician II reports directly to the Asst. Service Manager and may work closely with other m
Associated topics: cooling, duct, ductwork, heating, hvac, hvac mechanic, hvacr, mechanical, refrigeration, ventilation