- Johnson Controls
299 Stockbridge Rd
What will you do
As a Mechanically focused Field Project Manager, you are responsible for profitable execution of assigned mechanical projects, including project delivery, estimating, and financial management. Following standardized project management procedures, will determine optimum resource levels needed to meet schedule milestones and monitor workforce levels. You will have your hand on the project pulse at all times, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to performance of work. You will be responsible for implementing site safety and security procedures and will play an active role in developing the safety program.
How will you do it
* Act as the primary on-site leader for assigned projects.
* Perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management activities; maintain positive cash flow.
* Ensure projects are properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract.
* Manage the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
* Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer and contractor relationships.
* Interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
* Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
* Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
* Communicate project status to management, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the project.
* Actively pursue additional business through change orders; perform associated cost estimates, prepare proposals and Negotiate final settlement price and customer acceptance.
* Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts; foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
* Ensures compliance with local, state and federal legal requirements.
* Coordinates customer-training requirements.
* Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all Johnson Controls employees and worksite-based subcontractors.
What we look for
You are a leader, at your best when called upon to think strategically. You communicate well with audiences at all levels, both internal and external. You take ownership of issues and are able to move simultaneously between diverse tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup
as priorities and objectives change. Customer satisfaction is your highest priority.
* University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience
* Bachelor's in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
* 5 years progressively responsible project management experience in building construction, mechanical installation, mechanical service or operations.
* Hands on experience and extensive working knowledge with all aspects of the installation, renovation and service of large mechanical equipment including but not limited to chillers, boilers, pumps, air handlers, steam systems, hot water systems, cooling towers, piping, transformers, switchgear, disconnects, and wiring.
* Hands on experience and extensive working knowledge of rigging and lifting tools, equipment, permitting and procedures.
* Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical material to a nontechnical audience.
* Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
* Willingness to travel frequently; projects may be located outside of assigned territory
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...