- Pathlight Group
299 Stockbridge Rd
Title: Personal Support Specialist 1
Per Diem- Availability Needed:
Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays
Summary of Position:
Perform a variety of personal care duties to support individuals with developmental disabilities and to promote their dignity, safety, health, welfare, rights and development following established individualized services and procedures, specified program standards and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide personal care which may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Engage, assist and monitor individuals in daily living activities and personal care. Personal care may include eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, varied supports with walking, transfers and lifting.
2. Participate in the individualized services of each person and be current on all changes. Follow clearly established methods, techniques and procedures for engaging, assisting and monitoring individuals while assuring safety and well-being in accordance with the services. Confer with the supervisor, with input from the Care Provider on an individual's support plan, and on related questions, concerns or problems.
3. Remain in the attendance of, and fully available to Individuals served at all times, unless specified otherwise within the individualized services of the person.
4. Apply Association and program policies and procedures, particularly in the areas of crisis management, what to do in an emergency, health and safety, human rights and preventing and reporting abuse. Ensure confidentiality regarding all information shared concerning the individual and support providers.
5. Under the direction of the supervisor, respond and relate to routine inquiries, visitors, the Individual's family, friends and allied staff or professionals as outlined in program standards or by the program supervisor.
6. Provide First Aid/CPR and seek emergency medical care as needed.
7. Accompany the individuals we serve to appointments as requested by the supervisor; may include providing transportation.
8. Submit weekly or bi-weekly time sheets, with summaries of activities, in a timely manner. Participate in periodic meetings regarding the Individual's progress, and carry out changes as recommended.
9. Attend and participate in program and related meetings or required training as directed. Perform other similar and related duties as needed or assigned by supervisor.
10. As necessary, participate in general maintenance and laundering activities specific to the individual's needs. Ensure clean, safe and operable equipment for the individual's use.
11. Perform other similar and related duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor.
1. Minimum 18 years of age.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Related experience preferred.
4. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation, as required by program.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO BE COMPLETED WITHIN 6 MONTHS:
1. Knowledge of Human Services field, personal care services, individuals with developmental disabilities, basic teaching instruction requiring some advanced skills knowledge; experience preferred.
2. Plus additional person specific training for delivery of ADLs and personal care.
3. Specialized training requirements ---basic First Aid, Fire Safety, CPR, Human Rights.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to maintain regular attendance.
2. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
3. A variety of duties to assist with the routine personal care of individuals with developmental disabilities involving a number of procedures and the application of clearly established standard practice as specified by programmatic operations and within the individual client service plans/implementation strategies and program policies.
4. Regular contacts with clients providing personal care, assisting and monitoring in daily living routines and programs, requiring tact to avoid conflict and obtain cooperation.
5. Work with confidential data such as client case history and personal data which if disclosed, could have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
MENTAL ATTENTION OR VISUAL DEMAND:
Flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention most of the time. In addition, the ability to:
Fully focus and concentrate on the task at hand
Maintain a calm, composed manner
Calmly and effectively communicate with the individual and gain cooperation.
Work with unexpected disruptions.
Actively listen and communicate clearly with individual, care provider and others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Somewhat undesirable working conditions. Regular exposure to site conditions; frequent exposure to weather during travel to and from work. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Lifting/transferring person with or without assistance of the care provider, with or without mechanical lift.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to or greater than 60 pounds
Repetitive twisting, bending, squatting with full use of arms/legs
Repetitive stooping, kneeling.
Reaching above shoulder level.
Work requiring depth perception
Ability to get up off the floor.
Driving personal vehicle.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; talk and hear; lift and carry, push and pull with force; maintain balance. The employee occasionally is required to climb and stoop; climb stairs, reach with hands and arms, work with hands and fingers to operate an object or control. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to or greater than 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision; reading of written, printed or computer screen data.
1. Reports to designated Supervisor.
2. Interacts frequently with Care providers and existing support personnel.
Pathlight has demonstrated a commitment to issues of diversity. We welcome all applicants. EOE equal opportunity employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...