- Services for the Underserved
453 E 167th St
The Wellness Coach works independently in the field, and as part of a rehabilitation services delivery team, with people of diverse ethnicities, backgrounds and preferences who have a mental illness and are living in the community, primarily, in single and scatter-site apartment and SRO housing.
- Engage people with mental illness and assist them in meeting the demands of community living and maintaining their housing by teaching them the necessary skills, and linking them to services that will support their recovery, independence and self-determination
- Conduct Group Meetings on Wellness Management
- Complete service plan reviews for all residents
- Regularly assess, correct and report apartment and personal living space inspections conditions as assigned
- Provide Case Management for residents, engage residents in setting rehabilitation and housing support goals, and collaborate with them in developing a Housing Support Plan where indicated.
- Bachelor s Degree in human services or related field required
- A minimum of two years experience working with people who have a mental illness
- Computer literate in word processing and excellent writing capabilities to develop treatment plans.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERCompany Overview
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Associated topics: anchor, editor, journalist, media, multimedia, nba, publicist, sports analyst, sports reporter, vj
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.