299 Stockbridge Rd
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Project Manager with an emphasis in Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulated project experience for the Natural Resources Program in the Northeast region.
This person will manage and support FERC-related activities and planning projects in the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast and potentially throughout the United States.
What you will accomplish
* Manage, prepare and review reports, technical documents, applications, information requests, proposals, and other written deliverables for construction projects related to various permitting/planning and compliance activities, as required, associated with (but not limited to) the Natural Gas Act, Natural Gas Policy Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and Clean Water Act.
* Collaborate with clients, SWCA staff members, and resource or regulatory agencies to obtain permits and authorizations. Manage projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations using solid time management skills
* Manage the financial performance of individual projects
* Primary responsibility for QA/QC oversight of field data to support report writing, land use planning, CEQA/NEPA documentation, FERC filing documents, and permitting.
* Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures, as necessary, to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
* Develop recommendations for mitigation measures, monitoring (including environmental inspection/compliance) and permitting specific to environmental resources. Supervise, mentor and instruct technical staff, subcontractors and field personnel.
* Maintain a collaborative work environment and positive morale between SWCA staff, subcontractors, and clients.
* Manage client relationships and conduct business development with new and existing clients
* Assist other SWCA offices with their business development goals and objectives, and help ensure the financial success of FERC-activities related to the natural and cultural resources programs as a whole.
* As a Project manager it's important to foster a friendly, positive, productive, and scholarly working relationship with team members while promoting a culture of teamwork, engagement, integrity, quality service, and customer satisfaction.
Experience and qualifications for success
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Planning, Ecology, Anthropology, Natural Resource management, or other related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in environmental project management required.
* Demonstrated experience in the development of environmental permit applications and documents pertaining to the authorization of interstate natural gas facilities regulated by the FERC, including Environmental Reports, Environmental Assessments/Environmental Impact Statements, and other relevant environmental plans and documents.
* Business development success and consulting acumen, including success in proposal writing and preparation of schedules or timelines.
* Working knowledge of federal and state laws (i.e., NEPA, NHPA, CWA, and ESA) governing cultural and natural resource management.
* First-hand experience in developing environmental permit applications and documents pertaining to the authorization of FERC-regulated facilities, including projects that utilized FERC's Pre-filing Process.
* Established credibility with reviewing agencies and clients.
* Effectively engaged in resource agency consultations, receiving stakeholder/agency input and providing informed responses Demonstrated experience with construction compliance or environmental inspection is preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and technical writing, in a variety of professional settings.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...