- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- $57,540.00 -82,490.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
299 Stockbridge Rd
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Supervises and participates in the set-up of dining rooms and serving areas; assists in the serving of food and beverage; delivers and services coffee breaks and meals; supervision of personnel assigned to the function; assist with maintaining records; trains and supervises student employees; performs related work as required.
* Prepares foods and beverages using standard procedures for the purpose of customer consumption. May requisition food using standard forms and established procedures.
* Uses manual and mechanical food service equipment to supply product for the consumption of customers.
* Uses standard forms and procedures to order supplies and equipment needed in the operation of the assigned area.
* Supervises and assists in the cleaning and maintaining of equipment and work areas to maintain sanitation standards.
* Trains and supervises student employees in the assigned work area. May assist in the evaluation and scheduling of employees.
* Maintains records of meals served and other records pertaining to the operation of the assigned unit.
* Using standard forms and procedures to account for all stock and the proper storage of products.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment normally used in food handling and storage.
* Working knowledge of food service sanitation procedures.
* Working knowledge of food service equipment used in catered functions.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to supervise employees
* Ability to provide oral and written instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
* Ability to maintain accurate records and makes reports.
* Ability to give oral and written instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
* At least one year of food service experience in a hotel, restaurant, cafeteria, catering operation. A diploma or certificate from a trade, technical or vocational school with a major in culinary arts or food services may be substituted for the required service.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Requires the ability to perform the following physical activities: carrying, pulling, pushing, repetitive movement, standing, bending, driving, reaching, sitting, twisting, lifting
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic
Advertised: Aug 29 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
Associated topics: baker, corporate, deli chef, grill chef, lead, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef, sous chef, sushi chef, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...