- University of Massachusetts Amherst
299 Stockbridge Rd
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
In collaboration with the Student Success leadership team, the Program Manager for Student Success Communications coordinates and executes messaging, marketing, and visibility efforts for the Student Success unit at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Utilizing a variety of digital, web, social media, and print channels, the Program Manager is responsible for creating, planning, and executing integrated communications initiatives that strategically advance the understanding and awareness of campus-wide student success activities. The Program Manager enhances program visibility as well as student, faculty, and staff awareness and participation in initiatives that support student persistence and timely degree completion. The Program Manager is a significant contributor to the Student Success unit's operational staff and works closely with partners in Student Affairs & Campus Life and Academic Affairs.
* Oversee production and integration of a wide range of multimedia marketing, communications, and educational materials such as newsletters, posters, pamphlets, infographics, and video. Write, design, edit, and produce materials as needed.
* Contribute to a cohesive communications strategy that integrates traditional, digital, visual, and emerging media to advance the unit's initiatives and impact.
* Oversee and execute Student Success projects such as regular website updating and enhancement, annual updating of the University Undergraduate Programs Guide, and creation of Student Success tools for faculty, staff, and students, such as advising materials and student success guides.
* Track and measure the effectiveness of communications, marketing, and web engagement, report periodically to Student Success colleagues, and make adjustment to planning as necessary.
* Support the development and promotion of university level events for the unit including majors fairs, workshops, and special events as developed.
* Responsible for partnering with vendors including graphic designers, web designers, photographers, videographers, freelance writers, printers, and others as needed.
* Ensure that current and consistent information is posted regularly, and that best practices and University standards, including branding guidelines, are observed.
* Stay abreast of continued advances in communications, marketing and website best practices and technologies that can meet institutional needs.
* Build networks across campus and liaise with University Relations and other campus colleagues around augmenting and refining campus wide communications. Attend University Social Media & Digital Communications Meetings and additional collaborative opportunities with campus partners.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Provost.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, communications, marketing, information technology, computer science, or related field,
* 3 years of related communications, marketing, and web experience.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including strong and independent writing skills, specifically writing for the web, project management skills, and the ability to translate complex concepts for a general audience.
* Demonstrated success executing branding, marketing, and communications strategies for a range of audiences.
* A strong graphic and design sense.
* Working knowledge of website design, Content Management Systems, and related technologies, such as Drupal and Google Analytics.
* Experience with email marketing and various social and other multimedia applications in a professional setting.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
* Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including technical staff.
* Ability to manage change, work in a fast-paced environment, and complete simultaneous projects within deadline and budget constraints.
* Ability to collaborate and interact with faculty, staff, students, administrators, and the public in a friendly and professional manner. This includes establishing rapport, maintaining harmonious working relationships, and dealing tactfully and professionally with others.
* Capacity to learn new communications tools and adapt to evolving audience needs.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
* Experience in an educational environment
* Experience with search engine optimization
* Experience with photography or videography
* Experience in communications building a diverse, supportive and inclusive community
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment
Supervised by the Associate Provost for Student Success.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and cover letter by May 19, 2019 for priority consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applicants must submit a writing sample that illustrates their capacity to write for the web and/or social media. The sample should not exceed two standard pages of text.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Apr 24 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...